[slime-devel] Re: how to interrupt & kill function execution

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld frodef at cs.uit.no
Sun Dec 5 00:26:20 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> For CLISP, Emacs sends a SIGINT signal to the process.  I don't know
> whether sending SIGINT actually works on Windows, though.

It doesn't work on windows. This is the major show-stopper for me when
I just now tried a winxp/emacs/clisp/slime setup. The minor one being
the (in practice) non-existing backtrace of frames with compiled
functions. The latter I've gathered requires some seriuos clisp
hackery, whereas the former I'm hoping I can nudge the good slime
developers to fix: What happens is that the slime's PID is nil (that's
what the status-line at the top of the emacs frame says), and it's a
nil which ends up being sent to (the elisp function) signal-process,
and which causes emacs to signal an error. I'd really appreciate it if
this could be fixed. (I'm using CVS slime, btw.)

Otherwise, Slime seems quite nice to me, so thanks!

Cheers,
--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld