[slime-devel] Re: RFC: SLIME homepage suggestion

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Thu Aug 12 15:28:25 UTC 2004

Thomas Schilling <tjs_ng at yahoo.de> writes:

> So how about this?
>
>    http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~s3815210/slime-hp-suggestion/slime4.html

These new versions seem to be getting closer to the existing page on
common-lisp.net. I have a few comments that would lead it further
still that way, so maybe the easiest way forward is to start from the
existing page and see what few tweaks (e.g. snazzy CSS and navbar) are
enough to make it look good?

Summary of my thoughts:

  I like your navbar and CSS.
  I like the content and organisation of the original page.
  I like the "dripping" logo on the original page. (We're not Coca
  Cola so it's okay to have a handmade-looking logo with character :-)

  I like the blank borders down the sides in the new page. That might
  just be a sign that my browser window is too wide, though.

  I don't like the original page's mouseover-acronyms. Let's delete
  them while we're at it. Defining terms like Win32 and OSX is
  definitely outside the scope of the SLIME homepage. :-)

> (the top-nav need not be same size as the content, does it?)

I'm not sure what you mean by same size. The font?