[slime-devel] Editing previous input

Pascal J.Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Thu Aug 12 04:34:06 UTC 2004

In  M-x shell,  when you go anywhere in the buffer to edit any string
(input by the user, part of the prompt (current directory path, etc),
or output by previous commands, as soon as you type return, the
current line is copied after the current prompt and executed.

Surprizingly, slime does not behave similarly... Instead, it answers
an unuseful:

   ; No value

I think it'd be nicer to have a behavior similar to that of shell-mode.

neither do we.