[slime-devel] Re: C-g after C-c ==> debugger

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Tue Aug 3 21:25:57 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Chisheng Huang <cph at chi-square-works.com> writes:
>
>> Typing C-g after C-c in a buffer editing a Lisp file will get a *sldb*
>> buffer to show up:
>
> Well, C-c C-g is supposed to do that.  You are free to rebind the key.
> I for one quite like C-c C-g.  If it should be the default binding is
> another question.  Opinions?

I am a little annoyed by it. I typically type "C-c", realize I am not
ready to do a command yet, and hit C-g to cancel. I'm accustomed to
C-g being a safe way to stop what I'm doing in emacs. Triggering a
Lisp interrupt isn't what I have in mind.

In what situations is it useful? Perhaps there's a new mode of usage I
could learn...

Zach