[slime-devel] Re: More SLIME wish items

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Wed Oct 29 09:01:11 UTC 2003

Christian Lynbech <christian.lynbech at ericsson.com> writes:

> Luke> What we really want is for you to use our fancy graphical debugger
> Luke> instead.
>
> I am new to SLIME, what is this fancy graphical debugger you are
> talking about?

The one depicted here:

  http://www.bluetail.com/~luke/misc/lisp/slime-dbg.png

This is used automatically when you evaluate expressions using SLIME
commands like `C-c :' and `C-M-x'. Currently it isn't used when you
enter expressions in the *inferior-lisp* buffer.

The debugger is very nice. You can toggle viewing local variable
information, jump to and highlight the relevant source expression,
etc. Try `C-h m' in the debugger buffer for a list of commands.

-Luke