[slime-devel] not-so-inferior-slime-mode, backhackattack-1

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Tue Oct 28 08:26:53 UTC 2003

Luke Gorrie <lgorrie at nortelnetworks.com> writes:

> The next step is to jumble things around so that the backend
> implements a small and well-defined interface, and swank.lisp exports
> as little as possible to support it.

And to use James's code for this! Extremely nice stuff in your web
directory which I didn't properly appreciate before diving back into
backend hacking :-). I think you've split it up and documented it
beautifully.

I recall we grumbled about the number of files initially, but after
trying a less-split version me and Dan came around to your view. With
just a frontend+backend pair of files I got yucky circular compilation
dependencies.

What's the status of the code - is the stuff in
http://jamesjb.com/slime/ the latest? Does it work? Let's use it!

-Luke the impressed