[slime-devel] slime messing with my window configuration

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Sun Oct 26 16:19:10 UTC 2003

Andreas Fuchs <asf at boinkor.net> writes:

> I often use slime as I used ILISP: have two windows in a frame, split
> vertically, one containing the lisp source, the other containing the
> *inferior-lisp*. When slime pops up a buffer, e.g. a debug buffer and I
> exit it, slime closes the window with my code in it and I am left with
> just an *inferior-lisp* buffer in the frame.

One command that might help is `C-c M-0' (not a spectacularly
convenient binding). SLIME generally saves the previous window
configuration when it changes things, and this command restores it.

We should possibly put window configurations in a ring instead, since
this only lets you go back one level.

Any suggestions on better window-management would be welcome.

-Luke