[slime-devel] Re: Users!

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Wed Nov 26 04:12:36 UTC 2003

 Sean> Jan Rychter <jan at rychter.com> writes:
 >> Seriously, SLIME has already gotten to the point where it's more
 >> useful than ILisp for me,

 Sean> I switched to Slime for awhile, but switched back to Ilisp for
 Sean> the moment for two reasons:

 Sean> - stability.
[...]

Yes, that's what I meant by "explosive". In particular, I've been bitten
by SLIME's unwillingness to act gracefully when lisp decides to produce
tons of output. I found most of the time I have no way to interrupt the
process if it is producing output fast, which means I eventually have to
kill XEmacs. Neither C-c C-c nor C-g in the REPL do anything.

 Sean> - Usability details.  The big one here is completion -- Ilisp has
 Sean> a couple of completion features that Slime lacks: filename
 Sean> completion in strings, and multiword expansion (e.g. "m-w-e<tab>"
 Sean> -> "multi-word-expansion").  Is there any reason not to pillage
 Sean> Ilisp for these nice touches?

Oh, yes. I miss the multiword expansion, too. I have to remind myself
not to type m-v-b<TAB> every once in a while.

--J.