[slime-devel] Re: cmucl multithread problem

Wolfhard Buß wbuss at gmx.net
Sat Dec 13 12:36:26 UTC 2003

William Conrad Halliburton:

> Using cmucl 18e and a CVS from a couple of days
> ago. (mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops) from slime-repl hangs
> slime-repl but works when ran from inferior-lisp (slime-repl still
> works afterwards).

slime-repl on CMUCL 18e doesn't work with expressions consisting of
more than ~450 characters. I followed a hint of Helmut on cmucl-imp,
and set the last parameter of the call to system:read-n-bytes in
lisp::read-into-simple-string to t. That seems to fix the problem with
mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops called from cmucl-init.