[slime-devel] Re: some conveniences for slime-repl

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Wed Dec 10 17:00:46 UTC 2003

Today, Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> wrote:
> Andreas Fuchs <asf at boinkor.net> writes:
>> I have found a few things that I miss in the SLIME repl:
>>
>>  * a key binding to erase all input before point; much like
>>    comint's C-c C-u. alternatively,
>
> C-c C-o will clear the output of the last expression, and C-c C-t
> will clear the whole buffer.

Hm, that's cool; though I was thinking about something that can wipe
out the entire input line, not the output.

>>  * a key binding to jump to just after the input marker; and
>
> You mean like C-a but working from any line?
> Maybe a job for C-M-u (backward-up-list)?

Something like that; anything that takes (point) to the true beginning
of the input and not to the beginning of the line would be fine. I'd
just like to have a way to navigate large expressions easily (-:

>>  * slightly different RET handling.
>>
>> currently, SLIME will insert the RET at (point) and then send the
>> line if I am inside a complete sexp. this can lead to badness like:
>>
>> ZY> (un
>> trace my-function)
>
> IIUC this behaviour is recently improved. If you press RET and have
> a complete sexp, we don't insert a newline anymore. Can you try the
> latest and see if it's right for you?

Ooh, I didn't upgrade before complaining. The newest version doesn't
do the annoying \n insertion thing anymore.

Thanks!
--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at boikor.net>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs