[slime-devel] Re: some conveniences for slime-repl

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Wed Dec 10 13:12:47 UTC 2003

Andreas Fuchs <asf at boinkor.net> writes:

> I have found a few things that I miss in the SLIME repl:
>
>  * a key binding to erase all input before point; much like comint's
>    C-c C-u. alternatively,

C-c C-o will clear the output of the last expression, and C-c C-t
will clear the whole buffer.

>  * a key binding to jump to just after the input marker; and

You mean like C-a but working from any line?
Maybe a job for C-M-u (backward-up-list)?

>  * slightly different RET handling.
>
> currently, SLIME will insert the RET at (point) and then send the line
> if I am inside a complete sexp. this can lead to badness like:
>
> ZY> (un
> trace my-function)

IIUC this behaviour is recently improved. If you press RET and have a
complete sexp, we don't insert a newline anymore. Can you try the
latest and see if it's right for you?

-Luke