[slime-devel] Re: Slime/SBCL/FreeBSD oddities

Raymond Wiker Raymond.Wiker at fast.no
Fri Dec 5 16:46:11 UTC 2003

Helmut Eller writes:
 > Raymond Wiker <Raymond.Wiker at fast.no> writes:
 >
 > >         Could be a different problem - I've seen my PowerBook taking
 > > up to about 70 seconds compiling this form. Try replacing
 > >
 > >                 (vector ...
 > >
 > > with
 > >
 > >                 #.(vector ...
 >
 > Indeed that worked.  Another question: what is the value of EAGAIN and
 > EWOULDBLOCK on FreeBSD?  They are both 11 on Linux.

        EAGAIN and EWOULDBLOCK are both 35 on FreeBSD... 11 is EDEADLK
with the comment

        /* Resource deadlock avoided */
        /* 11 was EAGAIN */

        I don't think this is the problem; looking at the definition
for socket-receive in sb-bsd-sockets/sockets.lisp, I see that EAGAIN
is not handled there. There is a comment in sqank-sbcl.lisp that
indicates that EAGAIN should be detected and handled there.