[slime-devel] SLIME on a local socket

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Mon Dec 1 15:26:06 UTC 2003

Brian Mastenbrook <bmastenb at cs.indiana.edu> writes:

> I don't see why not - if we make the assumption of a shared directory,
> possibly with different mountpoints, then what's the difference from
> Emacs' perspective between a local lisp and an ssh-tunneled lisp? This
> way I can test my code on CMUCL (I'm on OS X) from my pretty local
> Emacs.

But does the patch work for e.g. M-. on previously compiled code?
There are quite a few places we use filenames (currently and
potentially) and it would be a pity to have to guard them all with
filename translations unless we really have to.

Can you tell me again why it doesn't work to use the same
mount-points? I think that's the normal practice, otherwise there are
just so many things that can break (e.g. symlinks).