[LispSea] Qi

Daniel Pezely djp07 at speakeasy.net
Thu Dec 11 00:37:53 UTC 2008

At the Lisp50 event within OOPSLA in October, conversations between
talks led to the question of what's next for Common Lisp.

One candidate for extensions is Qi Lisp, which adds ML style of
pattern matching while preserving access to all existing CL
functionality and without being forced into a purely functional
programming world.

The second edition of the book is available which essentially freezes
the language spec for the time-being.  The print edition has been
available for only a matter of days, so it doesn't get much newer than
that!

These are print-on-demand books, so for now, you must order directly
from the publisher.

Alternatively, you can read an HTML version on the web site.

http://www.lambdassociates.org/

With that... Has anyone here experienced Qi yet? --either the current
Qi II or the original from years ago?

Thoughts?  Opinions?

I just received my copy of the book and previously went through the
"Qi for Lisp programmers" tutorial on the web site.  I'm intrigued and
still learning the language.  (In the mean time, however, ANSI CL is
still my principal language.)

Thanks,
-Daniel
--