[LispSea] A 'get things done' app (in Lisp)

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 09:53:52 UTC 2006

Justin Grant wrote:

> OR
>
> We could lighten up about the whole thing.

I'm not understanding the thrust of this post.  Nobody said people can't
have fun coding Lisp.  But what's fun for some is work for others.  I
personally wouldn't consider writing a website database fun, I'd
consider it serious, heavy duty work.  Other people may feel
differently.  I'm not a proponent of Stop Energy.
http://www.userland.com/whatIsStopEnergy  But if a project is big, I
think its scope needs to be acknowledged.  It's not fun when big
projects simply don't work and nobody finishes them.

*Small* projects tend to be fun for people.  And by that I mean *Really
Small*.  Jeff had a good idea about his live coding sessions.  Things
people could complete at a meeting.

Some people might consider the ICFP Programming Contest fun.
http://www.icfpcontest.org  My own skills aren't up to it though.

http://www.ludumdare.com has had many 48 hour game programming
contests.  Someday maybe I'll run something like that for Chicken
Scheme.  That'll be a long ways off though.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every