[LispSea] so much for stone soup

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 04:55:53 UTC 2006

Brian Rice wrote:

> People need a chance to get together and decide what kind of social
> space they'd like to create. Don't decide by fiat one way or the other
> for everyone just because of your personal tempo and expectations.

And again, I would emphasize, face-to-face meetings are important to
prevent people from developing ill will via e-mail.  It is very easy for
people to project, misinterpret, get upset, lose attention span, etc.
when communication is virtual.  Much lower risk of feathers being
ruffled when done in person.

At this point, a meeting is going to happen.  It is only a question of
how much will happen at a 1st meeting, and I have no problem with
kicking an "alpha" out the door.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every