[LispSea] instruction then presentation

Ira Kalet ikalet at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 3 22:25:27 UTC 2006

At risk of getting myself into trouble here, I would like to add two
things to this conversation:

1. I teach a course in the UW biomedical and health informatics graduate
program, which is about biomedical computing using Common Lisp, but the
disadvantage of that (it IS open to nonmatriculated students) is that
the UW is expensive relative to other possible options.  I'd love to
have some people from the community join in.  Here is the URL:

http://www.radonc.washington.edu/medinfo/mebi531/

2. I'd be willing to teach an intro Common Lisp course, either in the
context of the UW Experimental College or under other auspices, and I
would not necessarily need to get paid for it.  In fact, if I got paid I
would have to get permission in advance...

I have some small and large concrete examples from my own work, which
involve numerical computation, interactive graphics, network sockets,
and more.

If it helped to kickstart some interest, I would be willing to put
together a one hour enticement that could be done at a user's group
meeting, too.

Ira Kalet