[rucksack-devel] Indexed classes

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Jan 20 23:51:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:17:18 +0100, "Henrik Hjelte" <henrik at evahjelte.com> wrote:

> The idea is that lisp puritans with single user applications can use
> one backend, and other could use a concurrent client-server store.

And concurrent client-server stores can't be written in Lisp?

> Just for this task? IMO the ability for several users to access a
> database concurrently is more than a little task.

OK, maybe the wording should have been different.  My main gripe is
that you want to use a foreign library for this.  This has nothing to
do with being a "Lisp puritan" as you call it, it's simply the
consequence of being pragmatic.  I've written about this in other
places, so I'm not going to repeat it here.  Search c.l.l, for
example.