[rucksack-devel] PATCH: without-rucksack-gcing

Cyrus Harmon ch-rucksack at bobobeach.com
Fri Jan 12 22:02:00 UTC 2007

On Jan 12, 2007, at 1:56 PM, Arthur Lemmens wrote:

> Just curious: how big is the resulting rucksack, approximately?

about 500 MB, ATM. but it's in the middle of reloading it, which is
actually a fairly expensive operation. I think re-evaluating the
defclass form when I restart lisp and load my package is causing some
rather expensive operations. It takes a few minutes to load. While I
like the whole class re-definition thing, perhaps we need a way to
distinguish an attempt to defclass a class that matches what's
already on disk from a changed class (or perhaps there's something
else going on here).

Cyrus