[rucksack-devel] transactions and distributed objects

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri May 19 11:03:00 UTC 2006

Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:

> IF the transaction processing can be mediated by generic
> functions dispatching on the class of the transaction,
> then it seems to me that having multiple transaction
> classes would be "simple".

i really don't think you want user extensible transactions. i believe
that implementing a transaction object will require enough knowledge
of rucksack's internals that it will be indistunguishable from a
change to rucksack itself.

should rucksack offer different isolation levels? that's a completly
different question (and the answer is probably yes).

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.