[rucksack-devel] transactions and distributed objects

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Fri May 19 10:55:56 UTC 2006

"Arthur Lemmens" <alemmens at xs4all.nl> writes:

> The two big advantages would be that Rucksack would get complete
> isolation (instead of just protection from 'lost updates') and that
> it would be possible to have distributed rucksacks.  Disadvantages
> are that it's probably slower and that the implementation may be
> more complicated.  But that may be worth it in the long run.

IF the transaction processing can be mediated by generic
functions dispatching on the class of the transaction,
then it seems to me that having multiple transaction
classes would be "simple".

In any case, I think complete isolation to be worth quite a bit of
trouble.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."