[rucksack-devel] GC question

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 16 10:09:02 UTC 2006

Edi wrote:

> COLLECT-SOME-GARBAGE always unconditionally increases the MAX-HEAP-END
> value whenever the collector is in the :FINISHING state.  Is that
> really what's intended?

Short answer: yes, that's the best I could come up with.  (But you could
set GROW-SIZE to 0 if you don't want that, of course.)

There may be a better solution that somehow analyzes the heap 'demographics'
to determine if the heap should grow at the end of a garbage collection
phase.  But I don't think it's easy to do that, so I went for the easier
solution of just expanding the heap by an amount (or percentage) that can
be specified by the user.

Arthur