[rdnzl-devel] Make calls in the reverse direction (.NET -> CL)

Joerthan Panest joerthan.panest at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 20:46:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Raymond Wiker <rwiker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alternatively, it might be possible to (ab)use the delegate support in
> RDNZL to get what you need - simply define the delegate signatures you
> require in an interface class on the C# side, then use RDNZL to create an
> interface object and attach lisp closures (I do something like this to
> implement LISP callbacks for a somewhat misdesigned .NET library).

This seems like the sort of solution that would fit best. Do you have any
examples of this, off hand? Is the library you mention Open Source or
otherwise available for review, by any chance?

> It might even be possible to generate some sort of reverse RDNZL this way
> :-)

It looks like I am on the path, but I definitely lack the understanding to
tackle that.

Alternatively, create some sort of RPC interface for your LISP code.

Yes, this is one option I've looked at but I think it is less elegant than
the above.

Thank you.