[rdnzl-devel] in-process DLLs

Andrew Wolven awolven at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 03:47:05 UTC 2007

Autodesk.Revit.IExternalApplication, hrm.

Sounds like a .NET type based on a COM interface.

I really can't tell you without seeing the documentation, but I am sure it is possible

My suggestion to you would be to read the microsoft documentation.  First read about COM (interfaces, guid's & progid's, type-libraries, in-process & out-of-process servers, etc.).  Then read about .NET (assemblies, managed code, common language runtime, common datatype system, jit compiler, ms intermediate language).  Then read about how COM components can be wrapped to make pseudo-dotnet types (interop).  Take advantage of MS visual studio express object browser, and the COM/OLE viewer from the SDK.  You will begin to get an understanding of how microsoft arranges it's operating system, and how companies like autodesk comply to that.  Don't give up!!

Edi, do you have any suggestions for františek?

-AKW