[rdnzl-devel] Possible leak with RDNZL 0.11.0/Lispworks 5

Matthew Lamari matt.lamari at gmail.com
Sun May 20 22:35:15 UTC 2007

First off, thanks all for such useful bridging software.

I converged on this after seeing leaks in my interactions with a DLL.

My actual leak seems to occur on cast/unbox.  However, in
understanding what I may or may not be doing wrong, I present this
situation:

(loop for i from 0 do (rdnzl::invoke  (rdnzl::invoke "System.Guid"
"NewGuid") "ToString"))

Nothing particularly inherent to Guids, just an example I could find
that returns a string.

This loop sits there eating up Ram in a situation where I'm guessing
it shouldn't.  Putting garbage collects in the middle of its execution
doesn't change this, nor does running GC/clean-down after breaking
out.  I'm talking about post-collect menory usage continously rising.

It stereotypes a situation in my usage pattern of calling into dotnet
and returning strings.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?  An incorrect assumption about dotnet?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt