[rdnzl-devel] RDNZL C++ used in non-LISP environment

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Oct 25 22:52:22 UTC 2006

Hi Michael!

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:51:48 +0200, "Goffioul Michael" <goffioul at imec.be> wrote:

> Recently, I had the idea to try to bridge .NET with Octave (the
> Matlab clone).  Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I wondered "why
> not try to re-use RDNZL DLL?".  And it worked pretty well. Actually,
> RDNZL provides everything you need to bridge a C/C++ application
> with .NET, without having to handle the managed part yourself.  It's
> not really bound to LISP.
>
> To ease my work, I created a header file and import library, such
> that my octave module is linked with the RDNZL DLL. So I wondered if
> these files could not be provided in some stand-alone RDNZL.DLL
> package, such that it could be used by anybody. The import library
> only publishes C function, so you can even think of providing such a
> library for MinGW compiler (although I didn't try).
>
> What do you think?

Sounds good to me.  Do I understand correctly that I'd just have to
add one or two files to the C++ source code as it is now?  Then you
should just send them and I'll make a new release.  (And maybe you
should provide some text which can be added to the README file.)

BTW, note that I just returned from vacation (earlier than expected)
and will be in Boston next week, so you'll probably have to wait a bit
until this'll actually happen.

Cheers,
Edi.