[rdnzl-devel] RDNZL C++ used in non-LISP environment

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Wed Oct 25 09:51:48 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Recently, I had the idea to try to bridge .NET with Octave (the Matlab
clone).
Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I wondered "why not try to re-use
RDNZL DLL?".
And it worked pretty well. Actually, RDNZL provides everything you need
to bridge
a C/C++ application with .NET, without having to handle the managed part
yourself.
It's not really bound to LISP.

To ease my work, I created a header file and import library, such that
my octave
module is linked with the RDNZL DLL. So I wondered if these files could
not be
provided in some stand-alone RDNZL.DLL package, such that it could be
used by
anybody. The import library only publishes C function, so you can even
think of
providing such a library for MinGW compiler (although I didn't try).

What do you think?

Michael.