[rdnzl-devel] attaching handler / Tablet PC ink/ stroke/ not working

Richard Fateman fateman at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 22 17:26:38 UTC 2005

Is anyone successfully using microsoft "ink" from Lisp via rdnzl?

I sent this note to Edi

RJF: Could you look at a (1 page) piece of code and see if there is
  something obvious that (my student and I) are doing wrong trying to
  use rdnzl?

  It is at http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~fateman/temp/mjnet.lisp

Edi: I just did and it looks OK to me.

Nevertheless it doesn't work on either Allegro (RJF) or Lispworks. (Edi)

It opens a window and enables "Ink", but if a handler is
set up, it stops inking after the first stroke, and never really
calls the handler.

Oh, you don't need to have a Tablet PC, but it probably helps
to have the microsoft Tablet PC SDK downloaded to your Windows
machine.  (Our project involves reading and speaking mathematics
into a computer for processing by computer algebra programs
in Lisp.)

Thanks for any hints.
RJF