In CLOS, instance remorphing considered useless in practice?

Marco Antoniotti marco.antoniotti at unimib.it
Wed Dec 9 08:54:40 UTC 2020

Hi

I used CHANGE-CLASS some time ago to ensure that I could read new data and
reshape it.  It was a much cleaner - and "built in" - solution than writing
ad-hoc code which should eventually be "generalized".

I understand people get worked up about things they feel may be in their
way of "efficient code".

But guys!  The world I see from my perch is running on Python and R.

At the risk of sounding obnoxious (I am getting old; I can afford it :) )
there are other trees to bark on in the CL forest: mostly at the
outskirts.  Not that many at the core.

All the best

Marco

--
Marco Antoniotti, Associate Professor         tel. +39 - 02 64 48 79 01
DISCo, Università Milano Bicocca U14 2043 http://bimib.disco.unimib.it