CDR maintenance

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Thu May 24 17:46:35 UTC 2018

It might be nice to get some of the APIs that are in UIOP into CDRs.
I'd love to see some of that code moved to the implementations where it
belongs, and out of the ASDF codebase.

cheers,

On 24 May 2018, at 3:34, Antoniotti Marco wrote:

> On May 23, 2018, at 11:57 , Svante v. Erichsen
> <Svante.v.Erichsen at web.de<mailto:Svante.v.Erichsen at web.de>> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I agree that hosting seems not to be the issue. It just needs to be
> corrected in CDR 4 (adjusting URLs is allowed).
>
> Yep..  That should be fixed.
>
> I was just asking about the existing procedure, in whatever state that
> may be, as I am considering participation.  Of course, this should be
> taken to the CDR mailinglists instead, sorry for that.
>
> The procedure is quite simple.  I quote:
>

>   *   One or more authors submit a document.
>   *   We (*) check that the document is a printable text document,
> that it is indeed about Common Lisp, and that it does not contain
> objectionable material (like porn, religious or political statements,
> etc.).
>   *   The document will be immediately assigned a fresh CDR number
> that can be used to refer to the document. We will make the document
> available for an initial period, after which it will be frozen and
> moved into final status, unless the authors decide to withdraw the
> document during the initial period.
>
> (*) the “editors”
>
> Apart from my guilty delinquency on redoing the web site, most of the
> work has been taking care of spam (an inordinate amount of French spam
> - go figure) on the mailing lists.
>

> I disagree about the judgement of the perceived lack of contributions,
> though. I feel that it is perfectly valid not to have itches that
> would need to be scratched on the language level.
>
> Of course.  I do not think that any of the 14 CDRs “scratch itches
> at the language level”.
>
> Having said so, I do believe that a few more CDRs would go a long way
> to clarify the corner cases of the language while nudging all the
> implementations (if they are “nudge-able”) to implement them.
>
> Cheers
>> MA

> Yours aye
>
> Svante
>
> Am 23. Mai 2018 08:40:14 MESZ, schrieb Antoniotti Marco
> <antoniotti.marco at disco.unimib.it<mailto:antoniotti.marco at disco.unimib.it>>:
> Hi
>
> I don’t think the problem is the hosting; CLL works just fine and
> CDR
> hold only “finished” documents.   I think that the main problem is
> the
> *lack* of contributions, which somehow reflects the overall status of
> the community.
>
> How to change the attitude of the community into seeing value in what
> is in effect a “bottom up” standardization effort, I sincerely
> don’t
> know.
>
> Cheers
>> MA
>

> On May 22, 2018, at 13:14 , Alexandre Rademaker
> <arademaker at gmail.com<mailto:arademaker at gmail.com>> wrote:

> [...]

Robert P. Goldman
Research Fellow
Smart Information Flow Technologies (d/b/a SIFT, LLC)

319 N. First Ave., Suite 400
Minneapolis, MN 55401

Voice:	(612) 326-3934
Email:    rpgoldman at SIFT.net