Common Lisp style: multiple packages in same repo

Svante v. Erichsen Svante.v.Erichsen at web.de
Mon Aug 27 06:56:45 UTC 2018

Hi!

ASDF does not "build on packages".  ASDF loads files, in some of which usually packages happen to be defined, but ASDF doesn't depend on that.  You could define an entire system only of symbols in the cl-user (or even keyword) package, and neither ASDF nor Quicklisp would care.

The only concern of packages is organizing symbols.  The question is how that should correspond to the file structure (and how that should look like).  There is a continuum there, and I guess that it would help to have some resource showing the usual patterns.

Yours aye

Svante