Common Lisp style: multiple packages in same repo

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Mon Aug 27 08:03:31 UTC 2018

> Regarding questions from the original post, the Common Lisp community at large seems far from attaining a quorum, let alone consensus.

Common Lisp encourages developing a personal programming style, which may or may not be compatible with styles developed by other Common Lisp hackers.

I’m among those who believe that’s a good thing.

> Perhaps this presents an opportunity for maintainers of Quicklisp (perhaps in collaboration with Quickdocs) to introduce a style guide for making their lives easier.

It’s unlikely any such style guide will be adopted by the larger community. There have been such attempts in the past, and I don’t think they succeeded.

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza