Errata for hyperspec?

Chaitanya Gupta mail at chaitanyagupta.com
Thu Dec 14 08:30:43 UTC 2017

I noticed a mistake in one of the examples in the hyperspec, and went
looking for an errata. I saw this page on cliki but didn't find the
issue there, so I am wondering if the "comprehensive" list is
elsewhere:

http://www.cliki.net/Proposed%20ANSI%20Revisions%20and%20Clarifications

FWIW, the issue is in the second example under the documentation for SHADOW[1].

  (package-shadowing-symbols (make-package 'temp)) => NIL
  (find-symbol 'car 'temp) => CAR, :INHERITED

FIND-SYMBOL does not accept a symbol as the first argument. All the
Lisps that I have checked this on signal an error.

Also, I think the first example should be modified to:

  (package-shadowing-symbols (make-package 'temp :use '("CL")))

SBCL by default does not use the CL package. So (find-symbol "CAR"
'temp) returns NIL, NIL instead. It took me a while to figure why the
spec example returned a different set of values.

Chaitanya

1. http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_shadow.htm