Prototype Based Programming in Lisp?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 16:30:18 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 12:18 PM, David McClain
<dbm at refined-audiometrics.com> wrote:
> … I got Sheeple up and running in LW64. It needed only a minor change in the GC function. Whether it is completely correct or not, I cannot tell just yet. Both EOS and FIVEAM need a more advanced form of ASDF than is built into LW64 Version 7.1. But the examples on the GitHub page seem to work just fine. Thanks for that! I’ll roll my sleeves up and dig in…

ASDF is self-upgrading. Just download the latest release git branch
into ~/common-lisp/asdf/
That said, my lispworks 7.0.0 has a pretty recent ASDF 3.1.4. Just how
recent an ASDF do you need? fiveam only needs asdf 3.1. Is your
LispWorks actually a 6.x? The LispWorks site advertises 7.0.0, and
6.1.1 for the Personal Edition, but no 7.1.
(NB: self-upgrading from ASDF 2 is also possible, but requires more work.)

Life is like an onion: you peel off layer after layer,
then you find there is nothing in it.