Should GC hooks be used to help broken software?

Elias Mårtenson lokedhs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 05:11:16 UTC 2015

On 5 July 2015 at 22:48, Paul Tarvydas <paultarvydas at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 15-07-04 07:30 AM, Elias Mårtenson wrote:
>
> The following question was raised during my development of an asynchronous
> library <https://github.com/lokedhs/cl-rabbit-async> I'm currently
> building for RabbitMQ.
>

> Aside / rhetorical: Are you trying to achieve a certain level of
> "efficiency"?  If so, read on.

No, I'm not. I'm not trying to build something using Erlang-style
async-I/O. I'm merely referring to a library that is thread-safe and which
can use a single connection to RabbitMQ asynchronously from multiple
threads (rabbitmq-c normally enforces a synchronous workflow with all of
its calls being blocking).