Package extensions usage

Elias Mårtenson lokedhs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 05:13:21 UTC 2015

On 30 December 2015 at 10:12, Pascal J. Bourguignon <pjb at informatimago.com>
wrote:

> Oh, you're right. Now I see the light.  I will therefore rename my
> com.informatimago.* package into 2915BB3ECC3D45029DBF41BD48508E2E.*
> And let's not talk about the 3 or 4 different CLON packages we have...

If nothing else, Pascal's packages are a great reason why local package
nicknames are incredibly useful. I never USE packages, and always fully
qualify symbols outside the current package. The informatimago packages
clear, but when fully qualifying them it makes it a bit too much. Local
package nicknames solves this.

If local package nicknames were available everywhere I'd rename all my
packages to follow Pascal's conventions in a heartbeat.