Erlang style processes in Common Lisp

David McClain dbm at refined-audiometrics.com
Mon Aug 3 20:04:18 UTC 2015

I did something similar several years ago for Butterfly, where I pre-instantiate a pool of threads into the “stable”, and utilize a Grand Central Dispatch (real and / or simulated) to run various jobs. No sense killing the horses after they run the racetrack.

But this is still a far cry (a few dozen threads) from what Erlang and CML provide (numbering in the thousands).

- DM