[pro] lisp on mobile platforms these days

Bruce O'Neel bruce.oneel at pckswarms.ch
Wed May 7 10:47:44 UTC 2014

Hello,

When you say "targeting mobile devices" do you mean

1. You get a lisp REPL on your Android/iPhone?
2.  You can write Apps in Lisp such that the end user does not know whether lisp is there or not.

I could be interested in either, though to be honest I am slightly more interested in the first.

Thanks.

bruce

 > dear lispers,
 >
 > what is the state of the art in running lisp (not just CL) on mobile
 > platforms, preferably in a portable way?
 >
 > is mkcl viable to run as a native app both on iOS and android?
 >
 > if iOS has too many legal constraints and whatnot, then let's forget
 > it for now.

 We are working on targeting mobile devices and are currently seeking alpha
 testers.  Please contact us directly if you would like to build a Common Lisp
 runtime for iOS or Android.

 We're not going to publish further details yet, so please don't ask here.

 --
 Martin Simmons
 LispWorks Ltd