loop conformance

Antoniotti Marco antoniotti.marco at disco.unimib.it
Thu Jan 30 07:25:51 UTC 2014

On Jan 29, 2014, at 21:51 , Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> C, I'm not sure. Looking at the symbol index and glossary, I'll
>>> venture a guess: COMPILER-MACRO?
>>
>> Nope.  You missed this one!
>>
>> Does “modern mode" ring a bell?  :)
>>
> case sensitive case conversion? Yeah, it's mighty quirky, but it's a
> finite amount of brokenness that can be patched over easily and
> relatively portably,

Yeah.  But go back and check the CLL thread on the introduction of “modern mode” by Franz :)

> quite unlike the pathname horror, that reminds me
> at a much smaller scale of that description of PHP: "A fractal of bad
> design”.

This I hadn’t heard :)  Very nice.

Cheers
--
MA

--
Marco Antoniotti, Associate Professor				tel.	+39 - 02 64 48 79 01
DISCo, Università Milano Bicocca U14 2043		http://bimib.disco.unimib.it

Please note that I am not checking my Spam-box anymore.
Please do not forward this email without asking me first.