[pro] CL-PDF in ACL 64bit - anyone know how to get 64bit ZLIB?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 23:11:54 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Martin Mallinson <
martin at mallinson.homeip.net> wrote:

> CL-PDF looks very useful for me. Thanks Marc and the team at ILC2014 for
> this and all the great info!
>
> Ok, now to use CL-PDF on Allegro I SVN'ed it from
> https://github.com/mbattyani/cl-pdf and tried to build it with acl-load
> the essence of which is
>
> (defparameter *cl-pdf-home* excl:*source-pathname*)
>
> (defun cl-file (x)
>   (tpl:do-command "cl" (namestring (merge-pathnames x *cl-pdf-home*))))
>
> (eval-when (load)
>   (mapc #'cl-file
>     '("defpackage"
>       "cl-zlib-small"
>       "pdf"
>       "pdf-base"
>       "pdf-geom"
>       )))
>
> note the lower case do-command "cl" not "CL" since I am in modern mode
> ACL 9.0 64 bit
>
> Note that Allegro 9 should come with ASDF 3, which can load cl-pdf:
(require "asdf")
(asdf:load-system "cl-pdf")

If it doesn't provide the latest ASDF 3.1.3, it's a good time to file a bug:
(asdf:asdf-version)
Though if it provides 3.0.1 or later, that's not too bad.

> Anyhow it does not work, since cl-zlib-small.lisp tells me to:
> (defvar *libgz-path* "/usr/lib/libz.so"
>   "Set this variable to point to the location of the zlib library
> (libz.so or zlib.dll) on your system.")
>
> which begs the question of where is zlib.dll for 64 bits? It is not on
> my machine and I cant seem to find it on the WWW...
> Any LISPer's using CL-PDF on ACL WIndows 64bit who have solved this
> problem? Any help much appreciated...
>
> Have you tried these pages? Googling for gzip dll windows:
http://www.gzip.org/
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gzip.htm

In the worst case, you should be able to compile from source...

PS: I loved your interventions at ILC 2014. Nice to meet you!

—♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics•
http://fare.tunes.org
Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life
and you will call it fate. — Carl Jung (1875–1961)