[pro] CL-PDF in ACL 64bit - anyone know how to get 64bit ZLIB?

Martin Mallinson martin at mallinson.homeip.net
Thu Aug 21 22:10:53 UTC 2014

CL-PDF looks very useful for me. Thanks Marc and the team at ILC2014 for
this and all the great info!

Ok, now to use CL-PDF on Allegro I SVN'ed it from
https://github.com/mbattyani/cl-pdf and tried to build it with acl-load
the essence of which is

(defparameter *cl-pdf-home* excl:*source-pathname*)

(defun cl-file (x)
  (tpl:do-command "cl" (namestring (merge-pathnames x *cl-pdf-home*))))

(eval-when (load)
  (mapc #'cl-file
    '("defpackage"
      "cl-zlib-small"
      "pdf"
      "pdf-base"
      "pdf-geom"
      )))

note the lower case do-command "cl" not "CL" since I am in modern mode
ACL 9.0 64 bit

Anyhow it does not work, since cl-zlib-small.lisp tells me to:
(defvar *libgz-path* "/usr/lib/libz.so"
  "Set this variable to point to the location of the zlib library
(libz.so or zlib.dll) on your system.")

which begs the question of where is zlib.dll for 64 bits? It is not on
my machine and I cant seem to find it on the WWW...
Any LISPer's using CL-PDF on ACL WIndows 64bit who have solved this
problem? Any help much appreciated...

Martin M