[pro] lisp on mobile platforms these days

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 07:11:52 UTC 2014

> There was an ECL port attempt but I didn't track it too closely
> lately I remember vaguely that a few scheme would be available and I
> thing CCL is also in the picture.  I'd rather talk for MKCL if you
> don't mind.

not at all, especially if i understand correctly ECL is unmaintained
and MKCL is an alive fork.

>> is mkcl viable to run as a native app both on iOS and android?
>
> right now it is not, period. But it is on my list of things to do
> any month now.  As soon as I get the ffi to be C99-complete as I
> say, and that I am done with the proper interface to the
> "environment" (that CLTL2 thing, you know) I will get right to it.

porting to android sounds like a fun project. see you on mkcl-devel... :)

FTR, there's this commercial lisp:

https://wukix.com/mocl

and this thread with some comments of interest:

http://www.reddit.com/r/lisp/comments/1lemlk/best_lisp_repl_for_android_tablet/

and then there's probably the most viable:

http://gambitscheme.org/

especially this project based on gambit. after a very cursory search,
this seems to be the most inviting/interesting without actually trying
it:

http://www.lambdanative.org/

i personally won't touch any non-opensource solution when i'm
venturing into such uncharted territory. in that case being able to
fix stuff myself is priority for me.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39