[pro] CDR proposal: compiled-file-p

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:58:29 UTC 2012

Note that for the sake of being able to simultaneously support
several implementations on the same computer (or network),
asdf has taken the route of trying to segregate fasl files and
any other build output (e.g. C files and Lisp files generated by CFFI)
to directories the name of which depend on the implementation,
its version, the operating system and architecture, etc.

XCVB hopes to eventually go further and identify build output
by cryptographic digest of input,
including underlying build tools as well as input dependencies.

This segregation makes such output-inspection function much less useful.

You think war is economically beneficial? Then why share those benefits with
dirty foreigners? Let's have a civil war — A war we're sure to win!