[pro] #; comments...

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Tue May 8 17:21:46 UTC 2012

Sam Steingold <sds-mXXj517/zsQ at public.gmane.org> writes:

>> * Pascal Costanza <cp-Bj2O8gVV4VHYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> [2012-05-06 20:57:27 +0200]:
>>
>> I'm thinking about writing up a CDR on #;-style comments.

But it's not unproductive.  Now we know that it should be specified as
equivalent to #-(and), that assuming it's CDR-10, that it can be used
as:

      #+cdr-10 #; #-cdr-10 #-(and) "commented out sexp"

oops, that'll break :-(

Ok, just joking, it would be used as:

    #-cdr-10 (eval-when (:compile-toplevel :load-toplevel :execute)
                (error "please load CDR-10 before this source"))

    #;"commented out sexp"

We've consider the cost to implementors (close to nul), but the cost to
users (ie. programmers writing conforming code) is higher.  Instead of
the above I think I'll keep writing:

    #-(and) "commented out sexp"