[pro] Professional Reports

Nico de Jager ndj at bitart.cc
Thu May 19 06:11:47 UTC 2011

I am looking for tips to create professional multi-page reports,
invoices, etc, preferably producing standalone files like PDFs that can
be emailed. Automatic page calculation would be great, and I'd like to
include generated and static images (e.g. graphs and logos).

The solution does not have to be open source, although most of my
applications are web based for which I do prefer GNU Linux as a hosting
platform (I am a LispWorks user and have both Linux and Windows
licenses).

I know about cl-pdf and cl-typesetting, although I have only had a
fleeting glance at them. Maybe there is an easy WYSIWYG layout editor
that a list member can recommend among the hordes that Google spits
out.

How do list members typically solve this (boring) problem with their CL
applications?

Regards.
Nico