[pro] slime help

Hexstream hexstream at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:01:59 UTC 2011

My favorite way is:

1. Put the cursor before the s-expression

2. Invoke C-M-k (kill-sexp)

3. Immediately C-y (yank) to put the s-expression back in its place,
OR If I'm copying from an "untouched" source buffer, I'll use C-x u
(undo) instead, to keep the buffer in its "untouched" state.

4. Paste to wherever you need this s-expression. Remember that if you
subsequently copy something else in the kill ring, you can access
older entries conveniently by first doing C-y (yank) and then
immediately doing M-y (yank-pop). This is very useful.

Hope this helps!