[pro] slime help

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Fri Mar 11 15:27:59 UTC 2011

Alexandre Rademaker <arademaker at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this list is not the best place to ask this question... Maybe
> we should create a newbie lisp list!

I don't think this is a good place for the question; there's a list for
slime questions, and lots of places to ask emacs questions.

> What is the easy way to copy/paste a form from a source code buffer to
> slime prompt? Is there any keyboard shortcut emacs/slime-mode to copy
> the whole body of a form from anywhere within it??

One way is:

  C-M-a - beginning-of-defun
  C-M-SPC - mark-sexp
  M-w - kill-ring-save

Then you can can switch to the repl and C-y it.

There might be a shortcut to do all of that in one step, but I don't
know about it.

If you just want to send a form to your Lisp, you can do that without
involving the repl, C-M-x or C-c C-c will do the trick.

Zach