[pro] About &aux

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 14:23:32 UTC 2011

On 6/12/2011 10:00 AM, Daniel Weinreb wrote:
> I, myself, really dislike &aux.  It has been so long
> since I have seen it that I have forgotten that
> it even exists.  We never use it; and I should
> add that to our style guide.

I forgot to mention another reason I like &aux -- nostalgia. It is like
using rplacd instead of (setf cdr), or the way some pitchers in baseball
wear the old-fashioned leggings. Having come to Lisp late in the game, I
like the punch card feel I get from the archaic forms, the sense of
being there at the beginning.

kt