[pro] About &aux

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:28:06 UTC 2011

On 6/12/2011 10:00 AM, Daniel Weinreb wrote:
> I, myself, really dislike &aux.  It has been so long
> since I have seen it that I have forgotten that
> it even exists.  We never use it; and I should
> add that to our style guide.
I hate (a) typing a let and (b) giving up a level of indentation if I
just need one local variable.

But I do not use &aux much. My b-if and b-when macros establish most of
my local variables, and I strive anyway for a functional style.

> I don't even like
>
> (let (a b c) ...)

Yikes. With values to be named at a later line of code? A finite state
machine, perhaps?

kt