[pro] Are you an Imager or a Filer?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 16:34:22 UTC 2011

On 20 January 2011 11:16, Jacob Kozinn <jacobkozinn at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the best thing I've read on the Pro list so far, I think.
> I'm a filer, but as I deploy multiple cloud instances, I'm starting to think
> about the advantages of imaging.
> However, I have little experience with it. Especially on Debian.
> Anybody have good resources on imaging that are not obtainable through a
> superficial web search?

For making images, there is
* Xach's buildapp, which is great but sbcl-only
* my own cl-launch, which is portable, and can be complemented with my
command-line-argument library, or Didier Verna's CLON (ported only to
a few platforms).

Both rely on ASDF2, which any modern implementation should provide,
and/or that you can get by yourself.

Lie, n.:
        A very poor substitute for the truth, but the only one
discovered to date.